Kare Plan Ltd – Dublin
We currently have opportunities throughout Dublin 1 for experienced and dedicated Home Care Assistants..
The role of the care worker is to:
- Provide direct customer care in line with Kareplan policy procedures/guidance.
- Provide customer care in line with the direction and supervision of the care supervisor/ care manager
- Implement the requirements of the customer care plan.
- Perform duties and tasks which promote customer comfort, safety and wellbeing.
- FETAC Level 5 Full Award desirable (Full award must be inclusive of Care of the Older Person Module and Care Skills Modules)
- FETAC Level 5 Modules Care of the Older Person and Care Skills essential
- Experience of caring for others in a professional capacity is desirable
Manual Handling (in date)
- Genuine care and concern for others
- Good communication skills
- Ability to comply with instructions
- English language proficiency
- Good written and verbal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team while also having the initiative to work independently
- Neat professional dress and appearance
- Customer advocate
- A full clean driving licence and own transport.
KEY WORK FUNCTIONS (Please note this is not an exhaustive list)
The Care Worker will:
- Assist customers with the activities of Living as determined by the individuals needs assessment
- Provide a high standard of care in line with the requirements outlined in the customer care plan
- Pay due care and attention to all aspects of care tasks carried out on behalf of the customer
- Carry out personal care with respect and dignity and at all times demonstrating sensitivity and empathy with the customer
- Assist the customer with activities of living i.e. bathing , showering, continence care etc. as outlined in the customer care plan
- Carry out duties as determined by the care plan i.e. cooking, cleaning, shopping etc.
- Be respectful of the care/support environment one is working within
- Be compliant with infection control requirements i.e. hand washing etc
- Report any concerns he/she may have with regard to any aspect of their role to their Care Supervisor / Care Manager
- Report any concerns he/she may have with regard to the health, safety and welfare of the customer without delay to the Care Supervisor / Care Manager
- Maintain the confidentiality of the customer and the organisation at all times
- Comply with Kareplan policies, procedures and guidance
- Comply with all the training requirements deemed necessary to support his/ her role
- Make known or declare any incapacity regarding health or related issues that may render them (care worker) unfit to carry out their duties appropriately, and that may ultimately compromise the health and safety of the customer
- Ability to demonstrate kindness, compassion and patience
- Ability to work alone and with others
- Rate of Pay: Up to €14 per Hour
Care Assistant: 1 year